Read * Share * Celebrate!
What You Can Do to Celebrate Picture Book Month
* Register here so that you can pledge to celebrate your love of picture books throughout the month of November. You will also be added to the Picture Book Month mailing list.
* Create posters and hang them around your school and library. Posters are available for download in the media kit. Be sure to include the book covers of your favorite picture books.
* Download the theme calendar for Picture Book Month to help you create a month-long celebration of picture books.
* Check out the Picture Book Month Teacher’s Guide by our Education Consultant, Marcie Colleen, and learn how to integrate picture books into your curriculum. Get ideas for ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies, and more! Download the Picture Book Month Teacher’s Guide and celebrate Picture Book Month in your classroom!
* Count how many picture books are checked out and keep a running total. At the end of the month, let us know how many your school or library read! Mr. Schu, a librarian in Illinois, has created a sticker Picture Book Month Wall! Each sticker represents a picture book read by a student at his school. In 2011, they read over 2,500 picture books. Amazing!
* Tweet the cause and use the hashtag #picturebookmonth
* Tweet reviews of your favorite picture books. The NY Public Libraries are doing this! Use the hashtag #picturebookmonth
* Get the Picture Book Month Twibbon, a digital ribbon that can be added to your Twitter avatar or Facebook profile picture.
* Ask a picture book author/illustrator to visit your school or library.
* Ask a picture book author/illustrator to do a Skype visit with your school or library.
* Do some picture book activities
* Post a review of your favorite picture book to Amazon.com, Goodreads, Library Thing, or your blog.
* Follow Picture Book Month (@picturebkmonth/a>) and founder Dianne de Las Casas on Twitter (@AuthorDianneDLC/a>) for updates on Picture Book Month every day in November. You can find Picture Book Month on Facebook too.
* November is Picture Book Month. Read * Share * Celebrate!